When accessing our Website, Wealthy Education will learn certain information about you during your visit.
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone.
Refer to our disclaimer page for more information about our emailing and anti-spam policies.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
Wealthy Education will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
When you purchase something from our site, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. This enables us to both fulfill and support the products you purchase.
When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system so we can better improve the experience for all our users.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about new products, free and premium content (i.e. blog posts, YouTube videos, reports/whitepapers, etc.), and special events.
How Do We Protect Your Information and Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our Web site may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information is never transmitted via email.
Wealthy Education may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Wealthy Education uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason (i.e. newsletter subscription and marketing messages), we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to withdraw your consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link which is offered at the bottom of every email we send.
You may also withdraw your consent anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our shopping cart solution is hosted and managed by Samcart. They provide us with the online checkout platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Samcart’s data storage, databases and the general Samcart application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Samcart stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Cookie Use for Retargeting
We may use Google Analytics and the DoubleClick advertising network as well as other advertising networks to display ads across the Internet, based on your visit to our website.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Our site and third-party vendors, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits and pages visited on this website.
Our site as well as third-party vendors may use third-party audience data to further optimize advertisements displayed.
You may have various rights under data privacy laws in your country (where applicable). These may include (as relevant):
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. However, we may continue to process your personal information if there is an alternative legal basis for the processing;
- the right to request access to or a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that there is no fee for this request and any request for a copy of your personal data will be processed within thirty (30) days in accordance with the GDPR;
- the right to rectification including to require us to correct inaccurate personal data;
- the right to request restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal data if:
- processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority;
- processed for direct marketing; or
- processed for the purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics;
- the right to prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other lawful ground for continuing to process that information. These include for example:
- where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
- where you withdraw consent; or
- where you object to us processing your information;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- the right to block or suppress processing of personal information. While we are entitled to store your personal information, we cannot further process it if you request it to be blocked;
- the right to data portability including to obtain personal data in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on a consent; and
- the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual; and the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent.
- You have the right to be informed of the identity of the privacy local representative (if we are required by law to have a local representative);
- You also have the right to any details of any persons to whom Wealthy Education disclosed your personal data (unless Wealthy Education is prohibited from providing such information pursuant to applicable law)
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com.